Situated in Foxton, south west of Cambridge, Selwyn Hall School provides specialist education for 7-18 year olds with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our pupils may have a number of diagnoses including: ASD, ADHD, FASD, anxiety and/or, communication and interaction, cognition, and learning needs.
The school is situated within large private grounds to create a therapeutic environment that enables us to focus on the health and wellbeing of our pupils. We have space for a range of outdoor learning experiences including Forest School. The external grounds will feature a multi-use sports pitch, sensory trail, conservation area and play equipment.
Inside the building we have a number of classrooms and activity rooms to offer many specialised areas including science, computing, music, drama and Art/DT to all our pupils.
Passionate about education
We are passionate about what we do and that’s providing a high-quality, aspirational education for children offering individual learning programmes. We take a holistic view of each of our children, offering individual care and a complete range of support that’s constantly evolving with their needs.
- Small bespoke groupings of 4-6 children plus a class teacher/tutor and at least one Teaching Assistant per group across our spacious site, with appropriate boundaries in place to safeguard all children.
- Within the Polaris Community we have six SEN schools across the UK who work together to provide each pupil with a tailored, diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes engagement, inspires learning and encourages achievement.
- Our schools offer safe learning areas for our younger pupils to ensure they are able to thrive and grow while receiving high quality teaching based on the National Curriculum. Teachers adapt the pupils learning to suit their ability and needs. We want to make sure that our pupils, regardless of age feel welcome and secure throughout the school day.
- A broad curriculum leading to external accreditation at GCSE level, with enhancement opportunities for vocational qualifications such as functional skills, ASDAN, Entry Level and AQAawards. In addition to these enterprise-driven qualifications, Entry Level Employability Skills and Towards Independence programmes will be offered.
- The on-site team will be equipped and trained to support children with individual communication needs.
- The on-site team will be equipped and trained to support children with individual communication needs working alongside our SALT team.
"Most pupils start school with large gaps in their learning. All have special educational needs and/or disabilities. Some pupils have been out of school for extended periods of time while others have not engaged in learning at their previous schools. Leaders have established highly effective procedures for assessing pupils’ skills and abilities, including in reading, writing and mathematics. These early assessments help teachers to develop ambitious programmes of learning for each pupil"
Kirby Moor, Ofsted OUTSTANDING, November 2021
"Pupils are proud of their school . . . Pupils’ social and emotional development is given a high priority here . . . Leaders have a clear vision for the school. They want it to be excellent in all respects . . . Pupils are positive about the way the school supports them to be safe and to understand the world around them"
ISP School Battle, Ofsted Good, November 2022
"My child has come on in leaps and bounds at ISP school. The teachers are so helpful and very caring. They always keep me in the loop on a daily basis. I cannot say enough good things about this school."
ISP School Teynham Parent, Ofsted GOOD, January 2019
All of our current provisions are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
Within the Polaris Community we have six SEN schools across the UK, here’s what Ofsted and parents have to say about us:
Part of the Polaris Community
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.